Re: PATCH: Document @file

> Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:13:11 -0700
> From: Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>

> I checked in the binutils/ bits.   (You had already added a NEWS entry
> for me, thanks!)
>
> However, I didn't check in the gas or ld bits.  Upon doing one more
> round of testing, I noticed that the man-page builds were now failing.
> (That doesn't stop the make process, so it was lucky that I spotted the
> failures in and among the other make output.)
>
> The message was:
>
> cannot open @value{top_srcdir}/../libiberty/at-file.texi or
> /@value{top_srcdir}/../libiberty/at-file.texi: No such file or directory
> make: [as.1] Error 2 (ignored)

It fails in binutils too, apparently because older makeinfo do
not support the expansion.  Version 4.2 here, so the version
check (somewhere) needs updating.  I've worked around this
locally by adding "@c" in front of the offending line.

/h/hp/binutils/cvs_latest/src/binutils/doc/binutils.texi:3456: @include `@value{top_srcdir}/../libiberty/at-file.texi': No such file or directory.
makeinfo: Removing output file `/h/hp/binutils/cvs_latest/src/binutils/doc/binutils.info' due to errors; use --force to preserve.

brgds, H-P