Re: PATCH: Document @file

Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> This patch (a) uses the new at-file.texi in libiberty, instead of
>> replicating the text in binutils.texi, and (b) adds @file
>> documentation to gas, gld, and gprof.
>>
>> OK?
>

> Yes - but please can you add entries to the relevant NEWS files as well,
> so that we can announce this new feature when the 2.17 release is made.

I checked in the binutils/ bits.   (You had already added a NEWS entry
for me, thanks!)

However, I didn't check in the gas or ld bits.  Upon doing one more
round of testing, I noticed that the man-page builds were now failing.
(That doesn't stop the make process, so it was lucky that I spotted the
failures in and among the other make output.)

The message was:

cannot open @value{top_srcdir}/../libiberty/at-file.texi or
/@value{top_srcdir}/../libiberty/at-file.texi: No such file or directory
make: [as.1] Error 2 (ignored)

Apparently, texi2pod.pl doesn't support "@include @value{...}"; it
doesn't expand the @value syntax.  For now, I would like to add the new
documentation inside:

@ifclear man
@end ifclear

so that it is still available in info pages.  I'd rather not try to fix
texi2pod.pl, since I don't really know perl very well, but if you think
I should before checking in the changes to as and ld, I will try.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC