Re: Your bfd & ld patch breaks --as-needed on SPARC (and some other targets)

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 01:09:17PM +0900, Kaz Kojima wrote:
> In the erroneous case, the size and the rawsize of .cranges are
> the different positive numbers and bfd_malloc_and_get_section
> returns the data which is correct only up to rawsize bytes.  So I
> thought that we must set the rawsize to the total size there,
> though I could be wrong about this.

Yes, or set rawsize to zero, either of which would work.  My original
intent with the bfd_malloc_and_get_section logic was to support
re-reading of section contents from disk, where "rawsize" would stay as
the original on disk size, and "size" be that after relaxation.  The
idea didn't quite work out though, since multiple relax passes copy
"size" to "rawsize", which is useful to some of the backend relaxation
functions.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre