From: Nick Clifton [mailto:nickc@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 5:11 AM
To: Balaji V. Iyer
Cc: binutils@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: binutils 2.11.93 and gcc 4.0.0

Hi Balaji,

>     I am currently using binutils 2.11.93 and I am planning to use GCC
4.0.0
> as a compiler. I want to know if there are any known compatibility
problems
> for this combination. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You do not say for which target you will be using these tools - this
could well be important.

2.11 is quite an old version.  If you have the opportunity I would
definitely recommend upgrading to the latest 2.16 release.

In general the 2.11.93 versions of binutils should work with GCC 4.0.0,
although you may find that some features of gcc are not supported, eg
hidden symbols and exception handling.  The configure scripts should
detect this however.