Re: strange problem with relocation

Hi Dmitry,

Here relocation has received wrong offset (0x6) whereas during fixup segment
fixp->fx_offset == 2 (I check it in md_apply_fix(). I set fixp->fx_done to 0
there).  As result relocation points to wrong address.

Do I have to handle global symbols within one file different than usual?

That should not be necessary, but I suggest that you add some debugging into bfd_install_relocation and find out why it is behaving in the way that you are seeing. Possibly there is come confusion about the partial_inplace field of the reloc, or maybe the code is confused about whether the reloc is being computed against a section symbol instead of the global _ipts symbol.