Re: Need help with arm-wince-pe failures

Hi Zack,

It *appears*, based on inspection of the old tc-arm.c, that the WinCE
special case for PC-relative offsets is meant to apply only to branch
instructions.  I could be wrong about that.  However, even if it
isn't, surely it must only apply to relocations surviving into the
object file.  As there are no relocations in this object file, the
offsets that are coded into the instructions should be correct for the
architecture -- in other words, they should be the same on
arm-wince-pe as on arm-elf.

Thoughts?  If I am correct, I propose to apply the appended patch plus
a testsuite patch to cease special-casing the above tests.

I think that you are right. I think that what you have encountered was basically a bug in the WinCE port which was hacked-around but never properly solved.

zw

        * gas/config/tc-arm.c (encode_arm_addr_mode_2)
        (encode_arm_addr_mode_3, encode_arm_cp_address): Do not
        adjust X_add_number by -8 for pc-relative when TE_WINCE is
        defined.

Approved - please apply.