Re: [RFA:] ar test failure fix

Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
Mark, did you really run the testsuite after your bfd-fopen ABI
changes, in a *clean* directory (no partial test-results or
left-over files)?  My autotester for cris-elf did, and got
(after the recent new-port-commit debacle and switch braino was
fixed, that is):

I ran the GDB testsuite, and built Binutils with --enable-target=all. Was I supposed to run the binutils testsuite too? If so, I'll be sure to do that in future.

Looking closer, it seems you added a call to bfd_error but
didn't make a corresponding clearing call.

I wondered about that. But, bfd_fdopenr was that way before; it called bfd_set_error (bfd_error_system_call), but never cleared it. All I did was preserve that behavior. Was that a latent bug?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC