Re: Please post patches to the mailing list

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 11:06:21AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> >I for one find it much more convenient if all patches pass through this
> >mailing list.  Otherwise, there's no way I'll ever see them, nor many of
> >the
> >other developers who read this list.  For instance, there's a bunch of
> >unnecessary duplication in the latest bfd/addr2line patch; not necessarily
> >worth going back to fix now, but it could have been caught in review.
> >
> >What do others think?  Nick, if this is awkward for you, obviously, ignore
> >it - you'd be the most affected.
>
> Oh I agree that the patches should go through at least one of the
> mailing lists.
>
> I was under the impression however that all binutils bugzilla updates,
> patches, etc were being forwarded to the bug-binutils@gnu.org list.  Are
> you not subscribed to this list ?

I gave up reading bug-binutils before we started using Bugzilla.
It looks like the quality of the list has improved somewhat since then
:-)  Perhaps I'll go back to reading it.

I'm still inclined to have all patches go through one list rather than
two - take bug-binutils as a parallel to gcc-bugs, and binutils as a
parallel to gcc and gcc-patches.  But I don't feel half so strongly
about it now.  So I'll just pick up another list folder.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC