Re: powerpc new PLT and GOT

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 04:59:26PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> writes:
>
> > Then, given that .glink doesn't really fit the traditional .plt, I don't
> > want to use .got.plt because I feel some section ought to be called
> > .plt, simply because that's the traditional name for sections associated
> > with dynamic function linkage.  Powerpc64 also has a .plt that just
> > consists of data.
>
> How about .got.glink then?  Calling a section that has GOT nature .plt can
> be confusing.

I want to call _something_ .plt, that's my main reason for not using
.got.plt.  It's not that I dislike the name .got.plt.

The other reason for choosing .glink and .plt is that these are the
sections used by PowerPC64 Linux, with ppc64 .glink being a code section
and ppc64 .plt a (BSS) data section.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre