Re: Build failure on Debian testing (cross to arm-none-eabi)

Hi Zack,

This reminds me ... in the past, I've had problems with binutils'
habit of generating the documentation at install time.  For instance,
in a rather complicated environment where I built the software, then
handed it over to a sysadmin for installation, and he didn't have the
same $PATH as I did, and it blew up not being able to find either
makeinfo or cc.

GCC builds the documentation as part of "make all" - this works much
better in that sort of environment, and would have caught this bug as
well.  What do people think of changing it?

I think that this would be a good idea, and I hope quite simple to do.

Would you like to submit a patch ?