Re: How do I link to a shared lib without having that lib's dependencies (the way MS link does)

HJL> Here is something you can try. You need to pass
HJL> 	-Wl,--ignore-needed libA.so -Wl,--no-ignore-needed
HJL> to gcc.

I was hoping for something simpler that I could give to users of my
SDK.  I don't mind warnings, I just mind the erroring out when there
is really no error.  Does anyone besides me consider the default
functionality to be broken?

Is the "-Wl,--no-ignore-needed" necessary?  Will omitting it cause ld
to ignore linking errors that really are errors?

Thanks,
Dave