Re: Build failure on Debian testing (cross to arm-none-eabi)

Julian Brown (julian@codesourcery.com):

> I'm getting a build failure during "make install" on Debian testing with
> binutils head, making a cross binutils to arm-none-eabi. This is the
> failure:

OK. So, apparently off64_t is not defined at that point.

The only use of the fseeko family in bfd is in bfdio.c. It does not use
the type off64_t, but the bfd-specific type file_ptr. Unfortunately, this
type is defined in bfd.h, and I guess that sysdep.h should not depend on
bfd.h, right?

Moving the declarations to bfdio.c should help. Patch attached.
Can you confirm that it fixes the problem?

If so, is it OK to apply?

--
Jerome