Re: PE32+ Format!

[reply-to set]
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:41:59AM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:

>>>I know only of the MSDN doc (which can't really be considered public I
>>>guess), but since Cygwin appears to know about the (or at least some,
>>>did a brief check only) 64-bit extensions they must have gotten them
>>>from somewhere...
>>
>>? What 64-bit extensions does cygwin know about?
>
>Just grep Cygwin's winnt.h for 'IMAGE.*64', and most of the hits will
>give you an idea; as I see one of the odd things is that they have
>quite a number of the structure changes, but they're lacking the change
>to the NT header (IMAGE_OPTIONAL_HEADER64) and the new 'magic' value to
>indicate its use.  PE32+ isn't really a different format except for
>some slightly changed sub-structures to accomodate 64-bit values where
>needed (which I guess is why they don't call it PE64).

You are apparently referring to the header files in the
winsup/w32api/include directory, which is not strictly "cygwin".  These
have been filled in by volunteers from the net, probably people
associated with the MinGW project.  I guess if you have questions about
these headers the mingw project would be the place to ask.

cgf