Re: What exactly does --enable-new-dtags do?

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 06:49:29PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to enable usage of DT_RUNPATH in my binaries, however the
> only way to get this is with the --enable-new-dtags switch, the
> exact effects of which are undocumented.

The action of the switch itself is reasonably self-documenting.  What's
not so obvious is which of the new dtags ld generates, and which tags
ld.so recognises.  Documentation on the latter probably doesn't belong
in ld.texinfo.  Some info on the new tags can be found at
http://docsun.cites.uiuc.edu/sun_docs/C/solaris_9/SUNWdev/LLM/p55.html

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre