Re: PATCH: speed up ar(1)

Hi Steven,

Approved for the mainline, but not the 2.16 branch.

Ouch, that's a shame.

You can try to persuade Daniel that including it in the branch would be a good idea, but I doubt if he would agree. The problem is that the patch is too new and has the potential to introduce sublte new bugs which are not immediealtey obvious from reviewing the code. I would rather that the 2.16 branch produce a working-but-slow ar than a fast-but-broken one.