Re: --as-needed by default

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
Dropping libbar from libfoo's DT_NEEDED would break programs linked
with libfoo, and even force libfoo to change its SONAME.

Good point, but can you think of any libraries that have actually done this? It seems splitting things out into separate libraries and relying on this quirk of ELF to work is a rather bad idea but I'm sure somebody has done it somewhere :)

I guess this needs to be enabled/disabled on a case by case basis then. Shame.

thanks -mike