Re: Fix for unexpected failure in ld-cris/warn3

Hi Hans-Peter,

I tried to repeat this but still do not see the failure on
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (RH Ent AS 3.0,
spe189.testdrive.hp.com).

Strange... I am running pretty the same environment on my host:

Linux workshop 2.4.21-27.0.2.EL #1 Wed Jan 12 23:35:46 EST 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

No failures in the ld-cris/cris.exp
section.  I do see failures that look like 32/64-bit issues in
the gas testsuite FWIW.

I'm suspecting local patches in your tree (completely without
cause).

Actually with good cause - I do have several of those, but I have just backed them out, reconfigured and rebuilt a cris-elf toolchain from scratch and the failure still happens...

I don't know how to proceed here except to leave it, as it works
for me.  Can you repeat the test?

Yes and the failure is still there.

It occurred to me that the discrepancy might be due to the fact that I am using a different version of gcc. I am using the GNUPro version that RedHat ships to various paying customers which is based on gcc 3.4 rather than the gcc 3.2.3 version which is the system default for RHEL3. Unfortunately I tried reverting to the system compiler and the failure still happened.

Where is the stabs warning message generated anyway ? ie which functions in bfd and/or ld are responsible for detecting the stab message and printing it out ?