Re: RFC: Patch to fix MIPS -mno-shared with multi-got...

David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com> writes:

Thanks for fixing this issue.

> OK, I kind of like this idea.  But I am not an ABI authority.  I am
> assuming the the meaning of "_gp_disp" is defined somewhere in the ABI
> specs.  I know _gp is specified.  Does anybody have objections to
> adding the new magic __gnu_local_gp symbol?

The ABI defines _gp_disp.  It does not define _gp.

I used _gp because the GNU linker has historically defined it in the
linker script.  Programs which tried to use _gp as anything other than
an offset into the GOT have historically not worked with the GNU
linker.  And as an offset into the GOT it has not always had the same
value.  Therefore I expect that it is safe to use _gp.  I also think
it would be safe to use __gnu_local_gp instead.

Ian