RE: nios-elf-objcopy S-record length

Eric wrote:
> Not to get into a long OT discussion about it, but obviously
> they should
> provide the sources if asked....
> Though I can understand your reluctance when you're just
> trying to solve
> your problem...
>
> Out of curiousity, why is the SRecord line length a problem?
> Why do you
> need 16 data bytes per line?

The reason is because I will be stuffing the S-records into a 16-bit FLASH.
We have an established S-Record download mechanism that will be greatly
put-off by the "odd byte" on the end/beggining of an S-Record.  It stands to
reason, to me at least, that if you are building an S-record for a 16-bit
device (like NIOS), you'd put an even number of 16-bits in each individual
S-Record.

The other thing that confuses me is that I wouldn't expect this  version of
the GNU tool chain to be 5 years old, which is when the patch was added to
the "GNU mainline" (if that is an appropriate term).  The "advertised
version" of the NIOS GNU tools is "2.9", but I can't find quickly when the
mainline was at 2.9.

Regards,

Dan