Re: [RFA:] Trivial test for .gnu.warning.SYMBOL

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > Yes it does, at least for sparc64-linux-gnu cross from
> > i686-pc-linux-gnu.
>
> And?  What do you think will happen on a 64-bit SPARC platform where the text
> segment is not located in the lower 32-bit part of the address space?

Since you failed to include a target specification where the
test failed, I had to assume that all such targets had the same
behavior (e.g. program address map) and pick one and test.
No need to ask rhetorical redundant questions.

> > No need this time, but for future reference, look in
> > ld/testsuite/ld-lib.exp:run_dump_test, where the big header
> > comment provides all :-/ documentation.  There's a specific
> > directive to exclude targets.

In turn, I'll be more specific: "#notarget: sparc64-*-solaris*"
But that's just a guess.

brgds, H-P