The new ia64 assembler is incompatible with Linux kernel

Although the recent ia64 assembler changes are the worthy efforts
toward the ias compatibility, it breaks the 2.4 and 2.6 Linux
kernel. I think it also affects gcc and glibc. Jan, I believe
those checkings should be turned off by default for the time
being.

H.J.