Re: ia64 encoding of imm64 relocation forms

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 01:21, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Appearantly because the psABI is not explicit about this, there is a
> discrepancy in how all the 64-bit immediate relocations are encoded
> between gas and ias/icc.

This would also be a problem for the 60-bit relocations.

This should be reported as a bug to Intel and/or the psABI committee.
When the psABI is fixed, we can update gas to conform to the psABI (if
different), and then sometime in the distant future we can fix ld to
only accept relocs against the correct slot, just adding a comment about
the problem for now.

I'm not sure exactly who to contact for this, but I'd start with HJ and
Suresh Rao.