Re: Branches in CVS repository?

> I certainly don't object to BRANCHES being at the top level, I just felt
> that it would be confusing to have MAINTAINERS in the binutils/
> directory and BRANCHES in the top level.

Maintainers are project-scope.  Branches are repository-scope.  I see
no reason why they would have to be in the same directory.

Putting a "branch list found here" file in toplevel means that
developers will always need to check out and read ALL the src projects
just to find out what the branches are.