Re: Testsuite for avr-as

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Erik Christiansen wrote:

> After eliminating errors due to incomplete "regexification" of the new
> opcode.d file, gas.log still reports "UNRESOLVED: opcode". No problem,
> adding "set verbose 1" elucidates to this extent:

Usually you add one "-v" for each verbosity level to
RUNTESTFLAGS on the command line to the same effect.

> Error/Warning threshold exceeded:  1 0 (max. 1 3)
>
> And "set verbose 3" additionally lists the regex/line pairs tested.
> _But_, at no point is the error shown in the log. Is there a known way
> to induce DejaGnu to reveal the "Error/Warning" that it claims to have
> detected?

I don't know, I don't recognize the error you mention.  If you
use run_dump_test, the lines that differ and the expected
pattern are shown in the log.  But it seems this is not what you
see, but some other error?

I suggest you send your testsuite patches to the list.
Maybe it's a bug in one of the regexps in the test.

brgds, H-P