[SH] Opcodes/Testsuite patch

Hi Nick,

The attached patch (sorry it had to be gzipped due to size) adds a number of
new tests to the gas testsuite for the purpose of testing the instructions
and architectures defined in opcodes/sh-opc.h .

The patch is intended to be applied after the patch in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2005-01/msg00117.html .

I have included the correction I sent previously (in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2005-01/msg00108.html) that was
missing from your patch (I assume you didn't get it till too late).

I have modified the arch.exp test script such that it reads the
architectures and instructions from the source code (a few modifications had
to be made to facilitate this) and then checks that, for each architecture,
all the instructions that should assemble do assemble and that all those
that should not do not.

It also generates assembler files, containing all the valid instructions,
which are compared against those already in the testsuite to ensure that no
more changes can happen by accident. In theory, these files may alter in the
comments (copied from sh-opc.h), or in the ordering of the instructions, but
no instructions should ever need to be added or removed from any given
architecture (unless any more previously hidden instructions are revealed by
Renesas).

The new tests revealed yet another missing edge in the inheritance tree.
This has also been included in the patch.

I also discovered that the mul.l instruction was listed twice, once for sh2
and once (incorrectly) for sh1. I have removed the extra definition.

I have corrected the arch_expected files, where they were still wrong, and
added the sh2a and sh2a-nofpu architectures, which you had missed out
somehow. The linker testsuite has also been updated and needed a small fix
to deal with the relocations in the new files.

I am now happy that your patch and mine combined will fix all our problems.
Obviously, I'm not a maintainer so perhaps Joern should give his OK too. In
any case, if you are submitting the patches don't forget that there are four
new files and that the bfd header files will need regenerating.

Thanks

--
Andrew Stubbs
andrew.stubbs@st.com