Re: how to faster rebuild gcc after changes in binutils

Hi Klaus,

I usually just use:

make {clean,all}-target

to rebuild all target libraries using a newer binutils.

Yes, I do this the same way but this is very time expensive only for linking against the new libraries I think.
Is there no make target to simply do a new link?

Err - if you are talking about just rebuilding GCC after changing libiberty (the only library shared between GCC and BINUTILS) then you should find that the dependencies in the GCC makefile are correctly set up and all you need to do is to run:

make all-gcc

or, even faster:

pushd <build-directory>/gcc ; make ; popd