Re: Testsuite for avr-as

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 08:06:34AM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > > Ignore site.exp, it's just there to confuse you.  No magic. Copy
> > > the .exp:s I quoted and just s/mmix/avr/.  All framework set, no
> > > need to copy anything else; go write the actual tests.
> >
> > Maybe not magic, but that was truly the map through the minefield.
>
> Now, really.  I don't see how it could be much simpler, save
> for not writing any files at all.

I guess I misinterpreted what you meant by that.  (Still,
copying the framework from another target seems pretty obvious.)

> > b) Figure out why the test run gobbles up 250 ptys, then resumes after a
> > 2 minute wait:
> >
> > Running /usr/local/src/binutils-041119/gas/testsuite/gas/all/gas.exp ...
> > ERROR: Can't run gas/all/comment.s: The system has no more ptys.  Ask
> > your system administrator to create more.
> > ERROR: timeout
>
> I have no idea.  Using an old tcl or expect version?

One way to sanity-check your dejagnu+expect+tcl installation
would be to build and make check for your host system (that is,
not specifying "--target=...".  There should be no test failures
there.

brgds, H-P