Re: PATCH: Reduce size of SymbianOS DLLs

Hi Guys,

Well now that you mention it...  elf32-arm.h is a header so that it can
be included by elfarm-nabi.c and elfarm-oabi.c.  I haven't seen
indication of the "old, old" ABI being used in a long time.  If I
remember right, you were talking about removing it.

If there's no reason not to do that, we could move all the code from
elf32-arm.h and elfarm-nabi.c to elf32-arm.c (or just move it to
elfarm-nabi.c to avoid disrupting history).  That's real simple.

I would have thought all the 'interesting' history was in elf32-arm.h,
which we'd loose anyway.  So moving it all to elf32-arm.c would probably
be the 'correct' move for consistency with other architectures.

I would definitely support the idea of obsoleting the "old, old ABI" support. As far as I know there is nobody using it today, but I think that we ought to do the proper thing and add the arm-*-oabi target to the obsolete configurations section at the start of bfd/config.bfd. Then, after the 2.16 release we can remove the old code and merge elf32-arm.h and elfarm-nabi.c into elf32-arm.c.