porting and binary format output

Hi all,

I am trying to design a processor on an FPGA and port gas and gcc
to it as simply as possible. Is there a way to get gas to output
plain binary files? I'd like to avoid having to write ELF relocation
code since I plan to strip all of it to a plain binary to run on
the FPGA core anyway.

Apologies if this is the wrong list for this question.

Thanks in advance,
Paul