Re: Prob with WINDRES....The Resource Compiler...

> > 1ST ---I didn't atack anyone-it's a joke...know what is that? Yes, right
it
> > makes u smile or smth...Was adressed not to U anyway ....
>
> It may have been intended as a joke, but you are the only one who
> found it amusing.
Nice move .... no ...really good one..*THUMBS UP*

> Yes, I want you to write *complete* test cases.  No abbreviations, no
> leaving anything out.  Complete windres input, complete associated
> program source, so that we can compile the program and resources and
> observe exactly what you see.

  Zack .... What do U want me to write?
windres sais nothing ... debugging sais nothing .... but the dialog box
doesn't appear ....
It doesn't appear when U use [H,B,I]EDIT ... is it so hard to understand?ok
... I will write ... but I won't make an attach...

-= defs.h =-
  #define MY_DLG_ID 123
  #define MY_EDIT_ID 321

-= resource.rc =-
#include "defs.h"

MY_DLG_ID DIALOGEX  0, 0, 100, 100 CAPTION "My Caption"
  {
     IEDIT "This will never appear so I don't know why it is needed",
MY_EDIT_ID,10,10,20,20
     // IEDIT never uses second string parameter ...
  }

k?

GetLastError reports nothing.... so source code for it is not needed right?
it is very simple ...
ok ok I'll write

#include "defs.h"
INT_PTR CALLBACK MyDlgProc(HWND hwndDlg,
                                                                   UINT
uMsg,
                                                                   WPARAM
wParam,
                                                                    LPARAM
lParam)
{
   return FALSE;
};

int APIENTRY WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
                                        HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                                        LPSTR lpCmdLine,
                                        int CmdShow)
{

DialogBox(hInstance,MAKEINTRESOURCE(MY_DLG_ID),GetDesktopWindow(),MyDlgProc)
;
}

This should demonstrate the idea ...