Re: PATCH pecoff mingw32 dlltool: Add option to create external aliasesof DLL imports.

Hi Aaron,

2004-07-09 Aaron W. LaFramboise <aaron98wiridge9@aaronwl.com>

	* binutils/doc/binutils.texi
	(--ext-prefix-alias): Document.
	* binutils/dlltool.c (ext_prefix_alias): New global variable.
	(make_one_lib_file): Add aliases with prefixes for external
	and import definitions.
	(usage): Document -p option.
	(long_options): Add --ext-prefix-alias option.
	(main): Handle -p.

Approved and applied. Note - there is a ChangeLog in the binutils/ directory so I have moved the above entry there.

I fixed one bug and made two additions. The bug was that you had not added "p:" to the string passed to getopt_long() in dlltools.c:main() which meant that the -p switch was not recognised. (The --ext-prefix-alias version was recognised).

The first addition was to add a few more lines to binutils/testsuite/binutils-all/dlltool.exp which check that the new switch is not rejected. Note - this is not a proper test of the switch's functionality. I hope that you might consider submitting a patch to do that yourself.

The other addition was a line to binutils/NEWS mentioning the new feature of dlltool.