Re: mainline ld on mingw32/pe is broken, returns 1 without error.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 11:32:26PM -0500, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
> I can't compare the two files, because the buggy ld does not emit
> hello.exe at all.  It just silently exits with exit code as 1.

Sorry, I missed noticing that you said this before.

>  Is there
> some set of flags I should pass that would help trace ld's execution?
> ld -t seems to indicate it is reading from all of the files it should,
> but I can't say for sure.

No, there's no easy way to debug this.  I'd fire up gdb and see if we
get to ldwrite.  I'm guessing that the problem is in bfd_final_link,
so that would mean tracing through _bfd_coff_final_link.  Would you
mind taking a look?  If that doesn't sound easy, could you please tar
and gzip the set of objects and libraries involved in the link and
send them to me.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre