Re: Finding BFD bug

pladow@pullman.com writes:

> Well, my above statement has been proven wrong.  The changes to src_msk and
> partial_inplace fixed the external symbol problem.  Now a problem appears in
> the opposite case:  local symbols (which worked before).  Now all local
> symbols have their offsets zerod.  Again, this only happens in the data
> section.  Any references to symbols, local or external, are fine in the text
> section.

At a guess, the assembler is not putting the required addend in the
relocations against .data.  Why it is not doing that I do not know.
Those relocs are going through adjust_reloc_syms() in gas.  But they
should already have fx_addnumber set at that point, I think, and it
should also be set before tc_gen_reloc() is called.  It's really a
black art, unfortunately.

Ian