Re: PATCH: Fix -xauto for ia64 assembler

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 22:18, H. J. Lu wrote:
> 	* config/tc-ia64.c (remove_marked_resource): Restore the old
> 	slot when inserting srlz.i/srlz.d.

Yes, like that, except if we are copying the entire CURR_SLOT, then we
probably need to be clearing more of the fields too.  Shouldn't we be
clearing all of CURR_SLOT instead of just a couple of fields?  If we do
clear more fields, is there any risk of breaking anything?  I don't
think so, but I can't prove it.

This patch does work right with the tag and unwind testcases I gave
though.  It doesn't seem to work right for debug info.  The inserted
instruction ends up at line 2, whereas I would expect it to be at line
1.  This is perhaps arguable though.