Re: [patch] demangler depends on libiberty a bit more...

DJ Delorie wrote:
I'm trying to cross-build binutils-2.14.90.0.5. It fails with the error

# The new demangler, which is included in libiberty, is written in C++.

Can someone who understands this better than I comment on this?

You do not have an official binutils.  The official binutils does not
have a separate C++ demangler.  Thus, we can neither help you nor
accept your patch.

Guess I'll try with an official binutils, then. I'm always uncertain of the politics in these things.

H.J.Lu, could you comment on the patch?

Thanks,
Dan

--