Re: question about ld and the 'AT' statement

<heinricg@esiee.fr> writes:

> when I use the "objdump -D" command on my object file, I can see that
> my initialised data appear at addresses from 0xd0018 (i.e. in RAM). I
> would have thought that they would be located after the _text segment,
> unless objddump displays the relocation addresses rather than the load
> addresses.

That is correct: objdump -D displays the relocation address (the VMA)
rather than the load address (the LMA).  This is generally more
useful, since that is where the instructions will actually be
executing.

You can see the load address by using objdump -h.

Ian