Re: FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

> However, if I use Linux with the SAME equipment it can't use the DOS file.
> (Note: Not application specific here - it is just serial communications).

That's what I mean.  Whatever you're using to send the srec file over
the serial port isn't handling both line termination types, either
your comm software or the ROM loader at the other end.  Most comm
programs can be configured to do CR/LF conversions in various ways.
Heck, all the linux local terminal emulators (gterm, xterm, etc) do NL
to CR/LF on printing, else the cursor would never get to the next
line!

Just something to think about.