Re: FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

"Meg Abyte" <fitter20@hotmail.com> writes:

> >If that is indeed what you are doing, then note that S-record files
> >are not text files.
>
> No, right out of the spec "... encoding printable programs or data in
> a printable (ASCII) format..."

Well, you are reading a different spec.

> \n  is interpreted by different OS's differently - for example look at
> an ascii chart and you willl find \n is often written as line feed OR
> new line.

True.  I was using the shorthand of \n for ASCII 10 and \r for ASCII
13, as on Unix.  Sorry for the confusion.

> Then I have to run DOS2UNIX on the file then I can use the S record to
> program flash or download to my microprocessor.

Well, if you submit patches to add a new BFD target to generate
S-records with a different line terminator, I'll probably approve it.

Ian