Re: EP9312, Maverick Crunch fixes

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Paul Brook wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 February 2004 6:36 pm, Petko Manolov wrote:
> > Probably for some reason the flag is omitted in 'cpu_variant' variable.
> > How can i check this quickly (i am afraid i am a bit lazy :-) ?
>
> The default FPU is overridden on linux and netbsd targets. See FPU_DEFAULT in
> tc-arm.c

Ah, saw it.  It seems that if we get 'Maverick float format' flag set in
the elf header by -mcpu=ep9312 for linux target we'll break the existing
policy.

On other side people should use -mcpu=ep9312 only if they mean using
Crunch instructions.  Since ep9312 is built around arm920t core it makes
no sense using this switch in any other circumstances.  The chip has
lots of other peripheral devices but none of them relates to gas/ld/gcc.

As Richard said the issue deserves some good thought...

		Petko