Re: GNU gcc ld script problem

binutils@sources.redhat.com is probably most appropriate.

> 	Anyway, I think I've found a problem in the ld scripts for MIPS.
> Basically the built in script don't seem to fill in a .plt section. So if
> I do this:
>
> mips-linux-gcc prog.c
> mips-linux-objdump -h a.out | grep plt
>
> I get no output, but if I use my modified linker script I get this:
>
> mips-linux-gcc -T tmp.ld prog.c
> mips-linux-objdump -h a.out | grep plt
>  10 .plt          00000030  0040052c  0040052c  0000052c  2**2
>
> which I believe is the correct output. The change that I made was to move
> .stub sections into the .plt from the .text section. So this:

Well, of course if you move a section with contents you'll suddenly get
a PLT... the .stub is not a PLT in the normal sense, so why does it
matter whether it's placed in the .plt or .text section in the binary?

The fundamental effect of your change is that .stub sections will no
longer be interleaved with .text based on the object they are attached
to.  Instead they will all be collated before any .text or
.gnu.linkonce.t* sections.  That could be a problem, I don't know for
sure.