Re: -gc-sections for elf32-dlx and possible buglette in elf32-target.h

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 03:51:28PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> can possibly be valid.  The code a few lines above it initialises the h
> pointer like this:
>
> 	  if (sym->udata.p != NULL)
> 	    h = (struct generic_link_hash_entry *) sym->udata.p;

Didn't realize it was a generic_link_hash_entry, sorry.  In that case
you can not use the generic linker unless you derive from
generic_link_hash_entry.  Which conflicts with using
elf_link_hash_entry...

>   So, I've been making one further assumption here, and maybe this one is
> incorrect and the cause of my confusion, so here it is:  I assume that the
> udata.p members of all the symbol structures are supposed to point to a hash
> entry of whatever derived type we're using, rather than some auxiliary
> generic linker hash table that also exists.  And I'm led to assume that this
> happens because I've #defined some of the backend overrideables, but not a
> consistent set of them.

... which means that if you want to use ELF-specific features, like the
one you are trying to use, you can not use the generic linker.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz