Re: linker relocation of debug information

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:51:51PM -0500, Jeff Baker wrote:
> Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that a developer was locked into
> using binutils 2.12.1 and gdb 5.2.1 for an upcoming release.  Let's also say
> that this developer is unable to step into shared object because the debug
> sections aren't relocated.  What would you suggest as a solution?

Pick one - merge the patches from CVS GDB to support relocating
sections, or else disable emitting of the relocs.  If you diff CVS
binutils and HJ's binutils for PPC, you will probably find a change
that disables it for PPC, so that may point you in the right place.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz