Re: Never emit R_ARM_PC24 relocations when linking

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:33:42AM +0000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> > Yes.  The only difference I see in their handling now is a case I
> > missed in relocate_section, and some PC24 code that doesn't handle
> > PLT32 for interworking.
> >

> Are you going to address those in another iteration of this patch, or as a
> separate one?

Separate.

I'll address the relocate_section in a follow-on patch after this one
is approved.  Probably by ripping out the entire section, as Richard
did to another target recently.  It only affects the block at the top
that sets relocation == 0.

The interworking issues are substantial, but the existing code simply
can't produce interworking shared libraries so I don't want to address
the two problems at the same time.  I have a complete patch for that,
including v4t-compatible interworking PLT entries.  I want to make it
aware that ARM v5t does not need the interworking PLTs but that's the
only open issue I know of.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz