Re: Problem with gas "Error: attempt to .org backwards ignored"

Hi Peng,

> 	Thanks for your kind help. I got some clue what is wrong. But
> I still need some more explanation so that I can hack my compiler to
> generate .s file that behaves.

Compiler type questions should really be directed to the gcc mailing
list: gcc@gcc.gnu.org.

> 	Basically, I modified my compiler to insert one new variable:
> SpLiTtEd_return_flag_callee_183. It might be used in the entire
> project (i.e. it is a global variable and it should be created only
> once).

> currently, I assigned them SCLASS_FSTATIC and EXPORT_LOCAL. The root
> of my problem is that I am not sure which one of them should REALLY
> be assigned.

Given that you say that the variable is a global I would suggest that
SCLASS_UGLOBAL or SCLASS_DGLOABL would be more appropriate for the
class (depending upon whether it is initialised or not).

Also given that you only want one copy I think that EXPORTED_PROTECTED
might be the most appropriate scope for the variable.

> Can you explain me about it or guide me the correct materials to
> read about them?

The source code is the best thing to read when trying to discover how
a compiler works.  There are also quite a few text books on compiler
technology.  Try looking on the gcc website or one of the many
bookshops with a web based search engine for suggestions on these.