Re: as & readelf "Error: Cannot stat input file no.elf" style message

Hi Nick,

Please alter strings et al.  It does not make sense to run these
programs on a directory, so having an error message imply that it is
OK is a bad thing.

Ok, I have created a patch for review that makes strings et al the "No such file" message when a file is found not to exist. This replaces the "No such file or directory" message that was displayed.

I have verified each program with test arguments and I am confident I
have identified all cases and not broken anything by making these
revisions.

2003-10-25 Jonathan R. Grant <jg-binutils@jguk.org>

     * binutils/addr2line.c: Use "No such file" error message.
     * binutils/ar.c: Ditto (ar).
     * binutils/ar.c: Ditto (ranlib).
     * binutils/nm.c: Ditto.
     * binutils/objcopy.c: Ditto (objcopy).