Re: bug-binutils@gnu.org

Hi Richard,

[as Richard didn't care to do this privately I too don't feel the
need to do that]

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     Well, it's simple.  If the FSF can't ensure the availability of the means
>     it wants to see used, it can't insist on them being used.
>
> To leap to a conclusion condemning someone is unjust and unfriendly,
> so it appears you are no friend of the FSF.

Your logic is flawed.  I used an implication for a reason.  You OTOH
jumped to the unjustified and insulting conclusion that I'm no friend of
the FSF (or better that it appears so).  You have no idea who I am, how I
think, or who my friends are, so you should value me based on my actions,
like I now value you based on yours.  In fact if I _weren't_ a friend of
the FSF I simply wouldn't have cared how it manages its resources.  But
it's not the first time this topic came up (spam on FSF lists), so clearly
there _is_ a problem, and nothing got done about it (at least nothing
which had helped significantly).

> You jumped to the conclusion that we "can't" do what is necessary,

You mix "If X can't" and "X can't".

Ciao,
Michael.