Re: bug-binutils@gnu.org

    Well, it's simple.  If the FSF can't ensure the availability of the means
    it wants to see used, it can't insist on them being used.

To leap to a conclusion condemning someone is unjust and unfriendly,
so it appears you are no friend of the FSF.  You jumped to the
conclusion that we "can't" do what is necessary, without bothering to
find out if that is really true, or even hear our side of the story.

The FSF has a policy of not catering in its decisions to those who are
predisposed to find fault with the FSF.  We're going to solve this
problem the right way, not accept a workaround whose effectiveness
would not even last.