Re: MCF528x (MCFv4) support for ieee files

Peter Barada wrote:

I found Bernado Innocenti/Peter Barada's coldfire patch on this mailing list
(see "[m68k] Add MCF528x (MCFv4) support" from 12 Aug 2003,
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-08/msg00193.html) and applied that to the release
version 2.14 of binutils (Thanks for that patch - it's very helpful!).

Why not just switch from Mentor Graphics compiler to gcc? It already produces elf files with dwarf-2 debug information that gdb uses by default.

See:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-03/msg00764.html

for more information on all the other patches to support ColdFire in
GCC.  Personally I'd try both gcc-3.2.3 and gcc-3.3.1 from my CVS
server...

IIRC, your 3.2.3 and 3.3.1 patches had incomplete V4e support. Was it intentional or perhaps a patch got lost?

If you want it in 3.4, I could extract the V4e stuff from the 3.0.4
sources, but I can't test them.

Also, there was a patch of yours to use the 528x "ff1"
instruction for the ffssi2 insn. It was rejected after
a discussion with Richard Henderson for some technical
issue I can't remember right now.

Ah, you might be pleased to know that our work is currently
announced on GCC's front page! :-)