Re: subsegment dot attribute

Hi Vineet,

>   I have some problem with dot attribute of "segment_info_type". I
> have ported GAS for a new port.In my case when reloc table is being filled,
> dot attribute is used to fill the symbol index, which is wrong . And i have
> not changed this part of the code. So deliberately i have made it NULL. Can
> any one tell me what is the significance of this attribute(dot) in
> segment_info_type?

The choice of "dot" for this attribute (or more properly 'field') of
the segment_info_type structure is misleading.  It was actually
intended to point to the section symbol for a given section, and it is
only used when BFD_ASSEMBLER has not been defined.  If you are
creating a new port, then you should be defining BFD_ASSEMBLER and so
the contents of this field should not become an issue.