From: Jim Wilson <wilson@tuliptree.org>

To: MUTHUKUMAR KANDASAMY <kmuthu_gct@hotmail.com>
CC: binutils@sources.redhat.com, drow@mvista.com
Subject: Re: Binutils-2.14.90.0.6 Compilation On Ia64
Date: 08 Sep 2003 22:15:29 -0700

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 21:44, MUTHUKUMAR KANDASAMY wrote:
> LEX = `if [ -f ../flex/flex ]; then echo ../flex/flex; else echo
> /usr/local/src/binutils-2.14.90.0.6/missing flex; fi`

This looks like an obvious problem.  This looks like some kind of
configure related problem on your end.  Verify that your source files
are OK, and that configure worked correctly.  There might be relevant
info in the config.log file, config.status file, or the config.cache
file.  These exist in multiple directories, so you might have to look in
both the binutils and the toplevel directory.

> So please specify the RHL for IA64 Development to compile the kernel-2.6 and
> Suitable for testing with good preformance.

If the kernel is the only thing you are compiling, then RHL 7.2 should
work OK after you install updated binutils and gcc packages in
/usr/local.

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general